We all leave out breakfast from time to time, and we have many reasons for skipping. You might prefer getting an extra 30 minutes to an hour of sleep instead of getting up and preparing a meal. It may be tough to find the motivation and energy to cook breakfast when you wake up. Many of us do not appreciate the importance of eating breakfast. We fail to understand the health benefits that come with starting the day with a healthy meal.
Great Reasons to Eat Breakfast
If you are going to learn how to incorporate breakfast into your day, it makes sense to know why you are eating breakfast. It is vital to start the day with a healthy, satisfying meal. There are many reasons not to skip breakfast in the morning, and here are a few reasons why:
- Breakfast encourages healthier eating
- Balances blood sugar levels
- Kick-starts your metabolism
- Boosts energy levels
- Promotes heart health
- Stimulates the brain
How to Incorporate Breakfast Into Your Morning
Here are ways to help you fit a healthy breakfast into your day:
- Prepare a make-ahead meal the night before. Consider slicing up and bagging fresh fruit or constructing a low-fat yogurt parfait the night before. You may even want to use your slow cooker to let an oatmeal recipe simmer overnight. Healthy breakfast options are endless, and you can prepare many of them in advance.
- Fit breakfast into your schedule. Consider scheduling an appointment with yourself to sit down and eat a healthy breakfast. Go a step further and put it on your daily calendar. The psychological aspect of having it on a schedule will make eating breakfast much more doable.
- Eliminate the barriers. There may be obstacles that block you from eating breakfast each morning. Choose your wardrobe the night before and set aside time for a shower and teeth brushing. If you need to, wake up 30 minutes earlier than usual to have more time available for cooking and eating your breakfast.
- Make a “to-go” breakfast. If you have no time for breakfast in the morning, consider packing a healthy breakfast to go. Portable foods like muffins and egg-filled breakfast burritos are excellent choices.
- Avoid fast food. It is much easier to pull into a fast-food drive-thru on your way to work than to prepare a meal at home. Honestly, if you are going to do this, it is better not to eat breakfast at all. Fast-food breakfast options tend to be high in sugar, calories and fat, and lack the dietary value your body needs for the day. If you must stop at a fast-food establishment, choose oatmeal or yogurt.
Starting the day off right with a good breakfast is crucial, and so is having a job that fits your lifestyle while helping you meet your career goals. If you are looking for the best employment agency in Denver, Colorado, check out PrideStaff today and see what our team of professionals can do for you.